The New Senator: Effortless Style
The VT Series II represented a major update for HSV through the introduction of the new 340 PS (250 kW) 5.7 litre GENIII LS1 V8. The Manta and Senator Signature wagon were both dropped from the line-up due to poor sale performance.
The new LS1 V8 catapults Senator Signature into a class of its own. Big enough to provide relaxing long distance comfort for a full complement of passengers and luggage, agile enough to encourage the driver to find a freeway exit and enjoy the sheer exhilaration of driving into the unknown, there is no better model to showcase the new sophistication and performance of the LS1 V8 than the Senator Signature.
|Years Produced||1999 – 2000|
|HSV VTII SENATOR||32|
|HSV VTII SENATOR SIGNATURE||268|
|HSV VTII SENATOR SIGNATURE ‘Wagon’||8|
Launched in the latest Chevrolet Corvette, the 5.7 litre LS1 engine was given a remarkable range abilities. Meticulous development gave it a spirited, free-revving feel with such huge reserves of power and torque that the extra luxury of the Senator Signature has little impact on its performance.
There is no mistaking the Senator Signature’s purposeful exterior for an HSV but there is a discreet elegance and restraint not shared with other HSV models. Inside, the combination of the sporting and the sensual is evidenced by wraparound luxury seating, the quite magnificent leather and wood trim, and quality sound system with CD stacker. The luxury suspension package with unique rear self-levelling isolates passengers from the worst of roads without isolating the driver from the excitement.
- Driver and passenger airbag.
- Side Impact airbags.
- Front seat belt pre-tensioners
- Climate control air-conditioning.
- Individual climate zones for driver and front passenger.
- Onboard memory storage for two individual driver settings for climate control, radio, trip computer, speed alert, transmission mode, instrument dimmer, electric aerial height and headlamps auto-off time delay.
- Body colour exterior mirrors with electric remote
- Electric windows.
- Visor-mounted illuminated vanity mirrors.
- Remote central locking and boot release.
- Two stage unlocking with driver’s door only and passenger door functions.
- 12-function trip computer.
- Cruise control.
- Headlamps automatic switch-off.
- Headlamps on automatic switch-on at twilight.
- 250kW @ 5600 rpm/473Nm @ 4000 rpm.
- HSV 5.7 litre V8 LS1 engine, aluminium block and heads, cast iron cylinder bores.
- Sequential multi-point fuel injection, cast steel roller rocker arms, roller cam followers, eight coil pack ignition, cross-bolted five main bearings with 6 bolts per bearing cap.
- HSV LS1 sports engine calibration for extra mid-range power and torque.
- HSV ram air type cold air intake.
- HSV stainless steel exhaust extractors.
- HSV high capacity, low back pressure 1.8 litre catalytic converters.
- HSV big bore 57mm dual exhaust system.
- HSV low back pressure, high volume Luxury rear muffler assembly.
- HSV VTII single big bore 63mm polished styled aluminium exhaust outlet.
- HSV engine cover identification.
- Suitable for operation with ULP and PULP fuels.
Transmission and final drive Specifications:
- High-torque capacity Turbo Hydra-Matic 4L60-E 4-speed electronic transmission with 298mm torque-converter.
- High-torque capacity T56 six-speed manual transmission specific to LS1, hydraulic clutch.
- Traction Control (auto only).
- HSV Performance automatic transmission calibrations.
- HSV limited slip differential.
- HSV Sports final drive ratio 3.73:1 (manual only).
- Final drive ratio 3.07:1 (auto only).
Steering & Suspension Specifications:
- Rack and pinion.
- HSV-calibrated Variatronic power assistance.
- Fully independent rear suspension.
- HSV Luxury coordinated suspension components for luxury ride and sports handling balance.
- HSV Luxury variable-rate front and rear coil springs.
- HSV Luxury front and rear Sensatrac variable rate dampers for smooth ride control and firm high speed stability.
- HSV lowered ride height.
- HSV Luxury Level-Ride rear self-levelling.
- HSV 27mm front anti-roll bar, 16mm rear anti-roll bar.
- Twin piston front callipers, single piston rear callipers.
- Front ventilated discs 296mm X 28mm.
- Rear solid discs 286mm X 16mm.
- ABS anti-lock brakes.
Wheels and Tyres:
- HSV Senator Signature exclusive 10 spoke 8 X 17 inch
- HSV specification premium Bridgestone 235/45ZR17
SO2 directional tyres.
- HSV fully integrated exterior styling.
- HSV Luxury grille with chrome inserts.
- HSV side skirts.
- HSV Luxury rear bootlid spoiler with integrated stop lamp.
- HSV front fog lamps.
- VTII clear side repeater lenses and rear indicators.
- HSV Luxury leather trim in Light Shade exclusive to Senator Signature.
- HSV Luxury St James Barrington seats with 8-way electric
adjustable driver’s seat.
- HSV door inserts in matching leather.
- HSV embossed seat trim logos.
- HSV driver and passenger lumbar support.
- HSV leather-bound steering wheel with height and reach adjustment.
- HSV leather-trimmed automatic and manual shift grip.
- HSV manual gearlever boot in matching leather.
- HSV VTII dark woodgrain dash surround.
- HSV centre console owner’s compartment with quality tyre gauge, Maglite torch, wheel nut cap remover and
multi-purpose pen knife.
- HSV fully-lined luggage compartment with luggage net.
- HSV fire extinguisher.
- HSV high contrast light-background instrument cluster with HSV 250 km/h speedometer.
- Trip computer digital display.
- HSV dash indicator for auto transmission selector and traction control.
- HSV third generation ESS – Embedded Security System – and immobiliser fully integrated into remote key pad central locking system.
- HSV sound system with 10 stack CD player, 260 Watt amplifier, upper level speakers and electric aerial automatic retract.
- HSV electrochromatic self-tinting rear view mirror with reading lamps.
- HSV bonnet and side skirt medallions.
- HSV chrome VTII Senator badgework and Signature script.
- HSV chrome rear decor panel moulding with HSV logo (sedan only).
- HSV medallion on rear liftback (Estate only).
- HSV VTII 250 LS1 identification.
- HSV Build Plate and individual build number.
- HSV Owner’s Certificate.
- HSV vehicle identification on centre console owner’s compartment.
Performance Option Pack including the following four items:
- HSV Performance Suspension with rear self-levelling and Performance rated semi-trailing arm inboard bushes
for ultimate handling response and roadholding.
- WH Grange 10 spoke 18 X 8 inch alloy wheels and HSV specification premium Bridgestone 235/40ZR18 SO2 directional tyres.
- HSV Performance Brake system with larger 330 X 32mm ventilated front discs, 315 X18mm ventilated rear discs, upgraded pads, and embossed callipers.
- HSV wraparound Performance seats.
- HSV Premium Brake System with jumbo 343 X 32mm front cross-drilled and ventilated front discs, 315 X 18mm cross-drilled and ventilated rear discs, four piston callipers front and rear, upgraded pads and embossed callipers.
- HSV Premium sound system with 10 stack CD player, 540 Watt amplifier and upper level speakers.
- HSV flush glass panel sunroof with push button slide and tilt functions.
- HSV SatNav Global Positioning system.
- HSV wheel lock nuts.
- HSV Genuine Accessories including tailored mats and protection equipment.
Also available for special order:
HSV Senator model with 180kW Supercharged V6 engine or 250kW LS1 V8.
- Luxury seating in cloth fabric
- Climate control (single zone)
- Power Steering (non speed sensitive)
HSV VTII SENATOR
25 (250i AUTO)
HSV VTII SENATOR
1 (250i MANUAL)
HSV VTII SENATOR
6 (V6 S/C)
HSV VTII SENATOR SIGNATURE
239 (250i AUTO)
29 (250i MANUAL)
HSV VTII SENATOR SIGNATURE (Wagon)