This Policy describes the information we process to support HSV Database and other products and features offered by HSV Database or Products.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the HSV Database Products, we must process information about you. The type of information that we collect depends on how you use our Products.
Things that you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hashtags and groups that you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups that you are part of.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, shipping and contact details.
- Things others do and information that they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices that you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalise the content (including ads) or features that you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad that we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information that we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, browser type.
- Data from device settings: information that you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases.
How do we use this information?
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make) as described below, and to provide and support the HSV Database Products and related services described in the HSV Database Terms. Here’s how:
Provide, personalise and improve our Products.
We use the information that we have to deliver our Products, including to personalise features and content (including your News Feed and ads) and make suggestions for you (such as groups you may be interested in or topics you may want to follow) on and off our Products. To create personalised Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data that we collect and learn from you and others; how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places or things that you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Products. Learn more about how we use information about you to personalise your HSV Database, including features, content and recommendations in HSV Database Products; you can also learn more about how we choose the ads that you see.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you – including information about your interests, actions and connections – to select and personalise ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off HSV Database Products. For example, we use data that we have to investigate suspicious activity or breaches of our Terms or Policies, or to detect when someone needs help.
Communicate with you.
We use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on HSV Database Products
People and accounts that you share and communicate with
When you share and communicate using our Products, you choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you post on HSV Database, you select the audience for the post, such as a group, all of your friends or the public.
Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off our Products, including if they don’t have an account. This includes your username, any information you share with a public audience, information in your public profile on HSV Database, and content you share on a HSV Database Page. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our Products.
Content that others share or reshare about you.
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our Products can choose to share it with others on and off our Products, including people and businesses outside the audience that you shared with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot or reshare that content to others across or off our Products, in person. Also, when you comment on someone else’s post or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person’s content, and that person can change the audience later.
People can also use our Products to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a story or mention, tag you at a location in a post or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on our Products, you can report the content.
Information about your active status or presence on our Products.
People on our networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on our Products, including whether you are currently active on HSV Database, or when you last used our Products.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and delete your data. Learn more in your HSV Database settings.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and HSV Database Products or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
When you delete your account, we delete things that you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won’t be able to recover this information later. Information that others have shared about you isn’t part of your account and won’t be deleted. If you don’t want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the Products, you can deactivate your account instead.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (e.g. a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the Products, violations of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we exchange information with third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Products.
Information that we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with HSV Database) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our Terms or Policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
How will we notify you of changes to this Policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
How to contact HSV Database with questions
You can learn more about how privacy works on HSV Database here. If you have questions about this Policy, you can contact us as described below.
You can contact us online here